• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Glenn Alexander & Shadowland

Steven Sinski

Tools: Nikon D500, Nikon 16-80/2.8-4, Nikon 70-200/2.8 FL ED, eyes, and a love for music

_DS51588_DxO-XL.jpg

iso 12800

_DS51653_DxO-XL.jpg

iso 7200

_DS51908_DxO-XL.jpg
[/CENTER]
iso 20000

all post RAW work done in DxO Photolab and image finished in PScc

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Steven,

So these are new!

I have spent a large effort photographing music performance photography. Most has been for classical music where one cannot make the slightest disturbance, but the hardest I worked on where popular country and hip hop where the lighting is so challenging and the stages are too wide with the players scattered over a dim lit wide, mostly empty stage.

You have done a great job!

_DS51588_DxO-XL.jpg

_DS51653_DxO-XL.jpg

_DS51908_DxO-XL.jpg

Wonderful colors, and that is an achievement as the light is often gelled. Also little noise from cranking up the ISO.

Biut best of all, these pictures show personality, character, vibe and energy that requires affection between you, the photographer and the players which doesn't occur in classical music!

Bravo!

Asher

Steven Sinski

the cowboy guitarist is a friend of mine and an outstanding composer/performer/musician/teacher. his name is Glenn Alexander. he runs with a few different bands to match his taste and abilities. the ladies in the shot with him are (in the middle) his daughter and the other is is another relative.

the lighting is via an LED light set.

on shooting performances, i am lucky to know people who allow me to shoot their work. in the world of copyright things are a bit sticky. we have a good relationship.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Steve,

Thanks for the intro and beautiful pictures. You have done a great job here.

I will come back to these enjoyable and fine pictures, but now I want to know more of the music that bonds you guys.

Can you link your favorite videos so I can get aquainted with him and his band of musicians!

Asher