• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wedding Memories

I am getting back on my feet after knee surgery and had a chance to shoot a family wedding. Here are three images from the day.

4827164319_e6bae0db7f_b.jpg

Marshall Everett: The Beautiful Bride

4827165351_8748635b8e_b.jpg

Marshall Everett: Mom helping out

4827773354_17dc57f4c9_b.jpg

Marshall Everett: She looks like Cinderella

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am getting back on my feet after knee surgery and had a chance to shoot a family wedding.

Marshall,

I wish you a full recovery!

4827773354_17dc57f4c9_b.jpg

Marshall Everett: She looks like Cinderella

This picture is my favorite! There's happiness and but more than that, there's a family moment that radiates joy.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Marshall,

What was you approach to flash?" What about highlights. This is a major issue to me. First one want the face to lively and then there's always the issue of a plateau of bright white n spots.

Asher

Marshall,

What was you approach to flash?" What about highlights. This is a major issue to me. First one want the face to lively and then there's always the issue of a plateau of bright white n spots.

Asher

Asher - I had a SB600 flash mounted on a handle grip that positioned the flash up and to the left of the camera. I had a small soft box styled apparatus on the flash, but the flash power was up a bit much.

Thank you for your comments.

Clayton Lofgren

On the third one there is something strange about the highlight on the nose. Maybe an opening in your little soft box, or a reflection off of a car bumper. Still nice, but wonder where the light came from.

Joe Thomas

Great shots. The third one is the best in my opinion. My preference for wedding photos is candid shots. In the third one you really captured the mood and the emotion.

Asher Kelman

Great shots. The third one is the best in my opinion. My preference for wedding photos is candid shots. In the third one you really captured the mood and the emotion.

You are so right. Let me add electric light switched on-vivacious too! This is the power one wants in bride shots!

Thank you Joe - I really enjoy becoming invisible and doing the candid shots as well. Nothing beats that natural emotion of the moment and my niece is such a stunning young women that she made it easy to get some great story telling images.

Asher, thank you for the compliment, I will pass it along to her.