• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Intro part 3

VeeJay Stiles

So I come from a HUGE family. It's my mother side; she has 4 sisters and 5 brothers. That works out to 29 cousins. Since the wife and I moved home in 2008, 4 of my cousins have gotten married and only one, my cousin and bro, Brad has asked us.

Since releasing the photos, the other cousins have all given us the "yea, we shoulda used you guys. We're not really happy with our photos" A bit miffed none of them even asked, I still took the words and offered the " Well, I can still do your family photos" and left it at that.

So, here's a few from Brad and Krista's wedding. Hope you like and any C&C is always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advance for looking...

I was able to get into the reception hall about 4 hrs before the nuptuals ( wife was with the girls ) so I headed over.

About 2 mins before heading down the aisle, she wanted one last mirror check. Thankfully, I was paying attention LOL

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So I come from a HUGE family. It's my mother side; she has 4 sisters and 5 brothers. That works out to 29 cousins. Since the wife and I moved home in 2008, 4 of my cousins have gotten married and only one, my cousin and bro, Brad has asked us.

Make up a website and a price list with ordering pics directly from printing house. Then they will order on impulse. Add in a code for your family for 20% discount but make sure your prices are high enough. You h=only have time in this life's journey and it goes fast. They have to pay and this way they will.

So, here's a few from Brad and Krista's wedding. Hope you like and any C&C is always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advance for looking...

I was able to get into the reception hall about 4 hrs before the nuptuals ( wife was with the girls ) so I headed over.

An enjoyable still life. You should make a separate thread for this. I'd like to see more still life with bottles. How imaginative can folk get?

Veejay,

They both are happy and there's sparkly and the exposure works! There's good detail of the pattern of her dress and one can make out the silk decorations to his tuxedo. This is the minimum quality of wedding image the bride's mother needs, for that's what these are for. In fact the whole idea of the wedding is to make these pictures and drag in folk to give presents and have so many friends their that the couple can't change their minds.

Here, the groom is in the shadows. Make another layer in photoshop and then adjust this and then mask,. Pain into the mask black to reveal his bride. Voila, it's balanced. Only show pictures that are this good and properly illuminated. If they are not happy, hide them as they didn't exsit. Show less but knock their socks off and make it easy for everyone to think you're a genius!

Asher

VeeJay Stiles

Thanks for the input, Asher. I really do appreciate the comments.

I'm not going to touch the part about the website / print ordering. The wife and I do things quite differently and it works very well for us.
We don't live in a major city : pop. around 250,000, which would include 3 surrounding towns. We stand out from the rest simply because of what we do in the "customer getting their prints" thing.

I do thank you for your input on this matter, however, do not be offended by my response to it.

I should have stated, these were the some of the proofs. My cousin was lightened to just about match her exposure in that image. As well as, in the first couple shot, the flash glare was toned down some and I layered his suit a bit lighter as well.

No offence intended at all Asher, but no tutorials needed for me. I've been shooting for 10+ years and I started w/ astrophotography : you have to know software to do that kind of shooting. I wouldn't be fool enough to give shots like that to a customer as GOOD shots :p

I am, though, puzzled by this comment:
I'd like to see more still life with bottles. How imaginative can folk get?
Could be because it was read and not heard, I'm wondering if this was meant to be sarcastic?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for the input, Asher. I really do appreciate the comments.

I'm not going to touch the part about the website / print ordering. The wife and I do things quite differently and it works very well for us.
We don't live in a major city : pop. around 250,000, which would include 3 surrounding towns. We stand out from the rest simply because of what we do in the "customer getting their prints" thing.

I do thank you for your input on this matter, however, do not be offended by my response to it.

Yes, it slip my mind about the Astrophotography background. So for sure you need no hints! Forgive my slip up!

I should have stated, these were the some of the proofs. My cousin was lightened to just about match her exposure in that image. As well as, in the first couple shot, the flash glare was toned down some and I layered his suit a bit lighter as well.

Of course, now I get it.

I am, though, puzzled by this comment:

Could be because it was read and not heard, I'm wondering if this was meant to be sarcastic?

Veejay,

It's quite simple. I like the idea of still life with bottles and thought it might be a good starting point for other folk to follow you in a new thread in Themes.

This image work might stimulate others to go through their collections for their own still life pics that can be given new life. Hopefully we'd see a wide range of new ideas.

Asher