• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wedding on Puget Sound, Washington State

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
I was up at Puget Sound in Washington State this weekend where I shot a wedding. The light was absolutely the worst - they chose a forested area for the event; Lots of dappled light everywhere; The sun was blasting and the temperature in the 90's; Either I had to shoot into the sun or into the parking area/driveway where a big white van parked. It wasn't sunset time, although that is what they thought it would be when they set the time. I have some personal feelings they really either didn't want to be married - the groom wore his sunglasses even during the ceremony and that glow of being newly married was missing from not only the event, and their own interaction, but my images as well. Oh, and during the formals, they picked an area filled with apple trees inhabited by mosquitos, which decided I was their own wedding feast!

I have processed this one, just for you OPF'ers.
356041569_Appe5-M-2.jpg

charlie chipman

That is to bad to hear Kathy, besides the wedding I hope you at least enjoyed yourself up there. Where abouts on the sound was the wedding? I used to live up in Seattle :)

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Kathy,

Sorry to hear about this, it really sucks :-(
I took the liberty of getting rid of the clutter in PS (quick and dirty version). I think it improves the image, what do you think?

krap_edit.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Kathy
long time since I have viewed your work- sorry on a particular assignment that keeps me so very busy-oh well, then
reading all about the bride and circumstance after I looked at the shot-I said "Iknew it" you captured such a sad sad woman- its what I thought "why is she getting married so unhappily"
then I read your wedding news-
you did an excellent job of capture that woman and I applaud that* with or without the noise
it works- but I rather like what Cem did-

Charlotte-

janet Smith

pro member
Well it makes you wonder what happened before the ceremony doesn't it....

I know you will have done your absolute best on the day, but sometimes this is just the way that it is, write it down to experience, and well done for trying so hard under very difficult circumstances, weddings are certainly not an easy subject.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Kathy,

I enjoy the pictures both ways. I like the original since its the truth and Cem version is what goes in an album, since that where the magic gets made for the bride and her mother for years to come.

I'd not worry about their marriage! Not for a second! They probably do have their great moments. No doubt that they are well on their way to marital bliss. I do have a feeling that it was likely his fault; didn't want to sign the prenup to keep him going after her inheritance or something like that!

So I think she got her way after she slugged him in in the eye with her elbow. That's, of course why he was wearing the shades! They put you under the apple trees so that the mosquitoes would distract you from taking too many pictures. It's all pretty straightforward, really!

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
The PS Factor

Well the deal is this...this was a budget deal,. They get SOOC images. Because of the light being so bad, I am doing color adjusting and a bit of crop - so while I actually did some "fading" of the clutter on this besides taking it B&W. I am processing the ones I want for my portfolio, but, her sadness (in almost all the images - even the ceremony) it will be limited. The Black and White suited the mood for me.They will see what I work on but they won't get them unless they decide to buy them. I was a wedding gift from her boss who is a photographer. Thank you all for looking and your comments.

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Your account of this job should be required reading by any 5-day office worker who thinks s/he wants to pick up a few extra bucks as a part-time wedding photographer.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Both work

I like Cem's treatment very much. Actually, when I started processing it, I intended to isolate the bride. I ended up fading the clutter and liking it so I didn't keep going.

Still trying to decide what images I will work on to use - if any. The bride and venue had some attractive moments, but I willl tell you that I had expectations of a stunning wedding. The only shots I really liked that I did were the getting ready shots.