• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

SSSi

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I make choices / find new avenues through that process - here is a sketch (further down the line of how one of the images posted at the start are shaping up.

sixflat1.jpg

Mark,

I must challenge you one the general proposal that you can make art, worthy of paying attention to over time, starting with images, themselves which are not substantially worthy of interest! I am not saying it's not achievable, rather it's unlikely. I'd venture to state that t's both spiritually and almost certainly, in practice, bankrupt enterperise! For sure one can use the photograph as a "substance" to churn with filters like paper maché, but that's really not using the photograph's qualities!

I myself am very interested in using disparate forms in photographs to make new art by combining them together in unique ways. I believe, however, that the starting photographs should have some clear identity. I don't see that here and really would advocate not using such ill-defned snaps.

I have nothing against multimedia processing of images. On the contrary, I am a fan of such works that require and exploit new sensibilities of an added medium.

Build on a good foundation! I hope you will pursue this idea with a new starting image that can speak eloquently for itself.

Asher

Mark Hampton

sixflat1.jpg

Mark,

I must challenge you one the general proposal that you can make art, worthy of paying attention to over time, starting with images, themselves which are not substantially worthy of interest! I am not saying it's not achievable, rather it's unlikely. I'd venture to state that t's both spiritually and almost certainly, in practice, bankrupt enterperise! For sure one can use the photograph as a "substance" to churn with filters like paper maché, but that's really not using the photograph's qualities!

I myself am very interested in using disparate forms in photographs to make new art by combining them together in unique ways. I believe, however, that the starting photographs should have some clear identity. I don't see that here and really would advocate not using such ill-defned snaps.

I have nothing against multimedia processing of images. On the contrary, I am a fan of such works that require and exploit new sensibilities of an added medium.

Build on a good foundation! I hope you will pursue this idea with a new starting image that can speak eloquently for itself.

Asher

I will countiue to develope these and my ideas and work....

I have already said these images are not the finished ones - I have been out and will do again - I will read and think and work on this - its call making work for a reason..

there is a saying in scotland - chips(frys) taste best cold with a mars bar in batter...

Mark Hampton

so I have been working the work - ready for the winter to come .... sketches are moving along....

ssiLPl.jpg

SSSi Left Pan 1 - M Hampton

ssimid.jpg

SSSi Mid Pan 1 - M Hampton

ssiright.jpg

SSSi Right Pan 1 - M Hampton

thanks for looking

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
so I have been working the work - ready for the winter to come .... sketches are moving along....

ssiLPl.jpg

SSSi Left Pan 1 - M Hampton

ssimid.jpg

SSSi Mid Pan 1 - M Hampton

ssiright.jpg

SSSi Right Pan 1 - M Hampton

Hi Mark,

I notice an evolution to what I feel is a more skilled and agreeable way of having images juxtaposed. Now you have added a geometric motif with dark and white bold bars and brush strokes and this is most effective. I'll return to write more.

Asher

Mark Hampton

I like this last series a lot more than the initial images. Nicely done.

Asher / Rachel

thanks for the thoughts - the images at the start were only a starting point - these make more sense to me in realtion to where the work is going to...

I am glad they are starting to work for other people...

cheers