• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Use of Grey Card: simple approach

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Lauren,

Your question is answered by just taking several shots. In one case with the WhiBal over the flower getting the same bright sunlight.

Then take several others in areas you might think has something else going on. For example, it might be that a huge green hedge on one side is reflecting a lot of green to a group of people there.

So using the WhiBal reading for the flower, will be perfect for that flower.

It might not be also perfect for people by the green hedge. So for them only, use the WhiBal shot with the card in that area.

You process two separate copies of the scene with the flower and use the corrected portion each. So you cut the portion of one picture with the people by the green hedge and add it back into the picture with the corrected flower in the center.

I hope that this might be clear and helpful.

It is not original, just a different way of saying what has already been said.

When you cut parts of an image, select, then go down to "Feather" and feather say 20 pixels. That way when you pasted that layer to the main image, the edge will not sure. A great trick is to always select along hard edges like edges of trees or buildings, or a pathway.

This is not always possible.

If there is just a green lawn or a bed of flowers or else water, then make your selection irregular and zig zag it so the eye does not pick up an edge easily where the join is made.

I hope that is some help to you.

However, if in doubt, just WhiBal your flower, and it probably will be fine with no further work needed!

Let us kow how it goes.

Asher