• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Clear Eyed

Peter Dexter

A girl at the fair. It is unusual to see this skin/eye color combination in the interior where the typical eye color is black. It is much more frequently seen on Colombia's San Andres and Providencia islands where African slaves and mestizos mixed with English colonists for centuries.

45891746451_92d472034f_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What a lovely picture of a warm friendly young woman at the peak of her joy for living! Another treasure, Peter....and special for me as a lesson in composition.

Remarkably, and a major learning point for me, is that the totally unrelated figure in the right background helps to make this photograph outstanding. It seems to be necessary for confirming the vibrancy and pace of life itself. Here she appears to take a brief break from the fullness of her life to turn to you and greet you, before she rejoins the action in the mechanism of the whir of her life. This is no trivial point I make here. Rather it’s a major lesson in how exclusion of apparently unrelated elements could ruin the magic.

”Perfection” can kill “wonderful”!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Asher I realize many (or most) might object to the inclusion of the man in the composition but I find I like having her "accompanied".

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher I realize many (or most) might object to the inclusion of the man in the composition but I find I like having her "accompanied".

They need to be open to new things, LOL. The whole point in your picture is the beauty of a person in real life. It is superb! Anyone who objects has issues if prejudgement and limited POV. I rejoice when someone does something I wouldn’t have done and it works so well to transfer the atmosphere of life like this!

Asher