• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

[IR] Grasshopper on Hibiscus.

5228097836_163d144d4d_b.jpg

Grasshopper on Hibiscus

Gelatin-silver photograph on Agfa MCC 111 VC FB, image area 24.4cm X 19.4cm, from a Konica IR750 negative exposed in a Mamiya C330 twin lens reflex camera with a 80mm f2.8 lens and #25 red filter. The hibiscus was deep red but came out snowy white on infrared film.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
5228097836_163d144d4d_b.jpg

Grasshopper on Hibiscus

Gelatin-silver photograph on Agfa MCC 111 VC FB, image area 24.4cm X 19.4cm, from a Konica IR750 negative exposed in a Mamiya C330 twin lens reflex camera with a 80mm f2.8 lens and #25 red filter. The hibiscus was deep red but came out snowy white on infrared film.

I like the flower by itself and then the surprise is the grasshopper. I wonder why you chose IR film. Does it pick up heat from the insect? I guess not. The leaves just reflect more IR light.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Not only is the picture interesting, but then there's this camera. Of all the older cameras, this one is one of the most remarkable. They are just about uneatable in the brightness of the viewfinder and the sharpness of the lens. Of course, one can carry a giant case of the twin lens reflex lens, (for those who have never seen a TLR), there are two lenses, one for viewing the image on a screen at waist level and the other for taking the picture. The C330 is one of the best MF bargains to be had.

MT01999052005.jpg

Prices at http://KEH.com go from $337 for a bargain quality, (works fine) $595 for excellent, (pretty near flawless).

For folk contemplating high quality film work, this camera is amazing option. Also, if the purchase is a mistake for you, it can be sold fast for little loss. The value will not go down.

This was the camera everyone used before Hasselblads!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Not only is the picture interesting, but then there's this camera. Of all the older cameras, this one is one of the most remarkable. They are just about uneatable in the brightness of the viewfinder and the sharpness of the lens. Of course, one can carry a giant case of the twin lens reflex lens, (for those who have never seen a TLR), there are two lenses, one for viewing the image on a screen at waist level and the other for taking the picture. The C330 is one of the best MF bargains to be had.

MT01999052005.jpg

Prices at http://KEH.com go from $337 for a bargain quality, (works fine) $595 for excellent, (pretty near flawless).

For folk contemplating high quality film work, this camera is amazing option. Also, if the purchase is a mistake for you, it can be sold fast for little loss. The value will not go down.

This was the camera everyone used before Hasselblads!

Asher

This brought back memories. I bought my beloved C330 in the 70's and I felt like a real photographer. It taught me 2 things; to look down and to think square. It was the work horse for 10 years and it never let me down. I don't grow attached to my gear. I treat them like a farmer treats a cattle dog: work them, feed them, move them on when they get old. But I do remember the good times with it and there were lots of those.
Thanks for remindingme, Asher.

Asher Kelman

The subtle brightening by Asher makes this image more interesting. Good job.
Cheers
Mike

Michael,

Was that a jest? I doubt I'd adjust a silver gelatin print posted here without getting the O.K. ion advance. I am not sure that there has ever been such a happening, LOL!

Bolts of lightening from miffed angels, and I'd be toast!

Asher

Interesting, Asher. The upper and lower images look comparable this morning but seemed fractionally different yesterday. And no, I wasn't boozing (nor jesting). Must have been the way the afternoon sunlight hit the screen. Or maybe that angel settle just for a moment then went away :).
Cheers
Mike