• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Is it difficulty?

fahim mohammed

I wonder how difficult would it be for camera manufacturers to include the golden ratios for us to see through the view finder?

I already have grid lines ( rule Of thirds ) on my cameras. Even level horizons. Why not add spirals, triangular series, phi , rectangles etc.? Switchable, of course. Preferably in the menu/s.

Interesting, I think. But what do I know?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I wonder how difficult would it be for camera manufacturers to include the golden ratios for us to see through the view finder?

I already have grid lines ( rule Of thirds ) on my cameras. Even level horizons. Why not add spirals, triangular series, phi , rectangles etc.? Switchable, of course. Preferably in the menu/s.

I think, if the "rule" is inherent to refined esthetic judgement, then we might do this naturally!

It should be possible to add a simple program to slightly modify at least canon software, as in "Magic Lantern" software!

Asher

fahim mohammed

I honestly do not know the answer to this.

Not everyone has use for this. So one could disable the option.

I used to use different focusing screens on my film Nikons, as required.

I have this grid in my digital Nikon, that I can disable.

It would be more difficult with a Leica M as the view changes as one switches the FL.

With EVFs?

As I said I don't know. Maybe it is just a useless thought, for the trash can.

p.s. Even if technically/engineering/manufacturing wise it were to be feasible, would it be commercially viable? Is there a sufficient need for it? But nowadays cameras are becoming more ' gadgets ' than
Photograph making items. Guess an Apple app could be easier. Sony too.

Andy brown

Fahim,

I think it's an excellent idea.

I'm sure I wouldn't use it very often myself but the odd occasional might arise where it would be very handy and as you said, it only needs to used when desired.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
And no one will allow me to discuss religion!!!!
It's everywhere.
The world is being taken over by pseudo-intellectuals who worship idols.
Andy!!! Red alert!!! Don't go there. Its a trap. They'll steal your children and rape your sorry arse.
Remain true to your origins: that of ignorance and blasphemy.

Call me if you need rescuing.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
And no one will allow me to discuss religion!!!!
It's everywhere.
The world is being taken over by pseudo-intellectuals who worship idols.
Andy!!! Red alert!!! Don't go there. Its a trap. They'll steal your children and rape your sorry arse.
Remain true to your origins: that of ignorance and blasphemy.

Call me if you need rescuing.

You have it upside down, most of the entire word worship idols of some sort. We just call them by different names!

But we do not need to talk about religion!

The added lines in a viewfinder are either useful or not. They might be pure nonsense but so is colored candy floss! So what if it gives folk pleasure?

Asher

Paul Abbott

I suppose if it makes those who know nothing and are idolatrous, believe (get it?)...that they're onto getting themselves a worthy image, then whose to say no. :)