• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Clouds

Antonio Correia

I think the two big clouds in the sky are too white. The one in the center I would like to remove it because it melts too much with the canvas and the other on the left is really too white.
None of them is out of gamut. I do have the raw file.
Any idea to soften at least the one on the left please ?
The mountain on right is a bit too reddish isn't it ?
Thank you ! :)
i-4qPqVd4-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I think the two big clouds in the sky are too white. The one in the center I would like to remove it because it melts too much with the canvas and the other on the left is really too white.
None of them is out of gamut. I do have the raw file.
Any idea to soften at least the one on the left please ?
The mountain on right is a bit too reddish isn't it ?
Thank you ! :)
i-4qPqVd4-X2.jpg

Antonio,

Just use the clone tool to add the kind of cloud you want from another picture with the look you like. You can start by making a new layer and then adding enough of your new cloud to get the shape right. The edges, however will be harsh against your existing sky. So drop the opacity of the clone brush to say 15% and use a soft brush to clone parts of the cloud to create a soft edge. Keep changing both the size of your brush and the source you are cloning from to gently feather the cloud effect to normal sky. Before long you will be amazing yourself with your natural creations! Since the core structure of the cloud is true to nature, it's just the blending of the edges you need to master. The key is to keep things light and irregular but follow the general pattern and look of the original cloud.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem,

Your Blake guy is the real thing! I'm impressed. He knows the important parameters to look out for so as to make the swooping out pretty believable!

But what really is amazing is his fluidity with key strokes to switch back and forth with no time wastage between doing an edge refinement and moving around the image or magnifying some part, without losing one's place.

I really like finding someone who not only is so proficient, but also is a good teacher.

Still, having said that, my limited and local addition of clouds works well too.

Asher
Hi Antonio,

This is one of those cases which makes me think of replacing the sky altogether with something more suitable to this scene. Here is a tutorial which shows how to do it in case you are not comfortable with the process: :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slr_aY5_CIA

Doug Kerr

Hi, Antonio,

I don't know how you processed this, but it almost looks like a photograph.

Perhaps the clouds just suffer from the "beyond real" effect on the other parts of the image.

Best regards,

Doug

Antonio Correia

The comment I liked most was Doug's ! LOL
"... almost looks like a photograph"

Thank you Asher for your "simple" trick and Cem for his sophisticated one. Blake is very proficient indeed. Thank you also Jerome.

Now that I look at the photo I do not like it anymore. I do not mean the panorama but the treatment I have done.
This is a merge of 5 photograph made in CS5 which I kept so I can work on it again but now with a better treatment, I hope.