• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Playing with LightRoom before & after

Brian Lowe

I have been playing with Adobe LightRoom Beta3 and it's starting to grow on me. Yes I know the program has it's share of bug's and kinks to workout but once you get past that part and USE the program for photo developing it really starts to grow on you, or at lest it is on me. I am going to post some before and after photos processed in LightRoom.

Before
95748119-M.jpg

After - processed in LightRoom

82781241-M.jpg

Before
86213980-M.jpg

After - processed in LightRoom
86212892-M.jpg

Here are some of the other photos I have processod with LightRoom if you want to take a look==>http://brianlowe.smugmug.com/gallery/1686383/1/86212892

Brian

Daniel Harrison

pro member
While it has potential, that is all I see in it at the moment.

I use RSP and all of what you have done here could have been done in that, or almost any other image editing software for that mattter, and IMHO they are a little overdone, too much saturation, but that is my taste.

For me lightroom's workflow is flawed and it is way too slow. Pity, I get a free license when it comes out from the RSP buy out. It would be a great program if they implement RSp features into it, liked cached images and the workflow RSP has.

Paul Caldwell

They know about the speed, I agree it's way to slow and really bogs down your processor. Hopefully in Beta 4 some speed improvements are coming.

Paul C.

Michael Tapes

OPF Administrator/Moderator
B4 is a big advance. Speed still has to be optimized, but let them do that after the features are more frozen.

Being a software developer myself and having some understanding of how big software projects like this get build and tested... I would bet you $1 that the beta versions we are playing with right now are riddled with tons of debug code for the developers.

Our software caries all this overhead too when we are still in beta. It's not till be let go a release canidate that we do a build that does not have all the testing code in it.

It's somewhat safe to say, that when they give us an RC to play with, it will be at least 50% faster.

Am I sure? No... but every big piece of software I've worked on has done it this way.

Diane Fields

It is quite a bit faster for me than B3--but still not as fast as I expect it will be in final. Love the develop module except for a way to add it to a queue, but I understand that isn't the way its envisioned.

Diane