• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photographic Gems of Our Times From The Web Laetitia Eskens

Jerome Marot

Laetitia went under the flickr name of "Profan and Morphium". She posted photographs for a while and then went away, letting only one picture behind her. I don't know who she is, but the following site has an interview:

http://notcommonpeople.blogspot.de/2010/10/laetitia-eskens.html

3594977013_985f7a6086_b_thumb.jpg

3646406979_4e32ac5fdd_b_thumb.jpg

tumblr_ksfd47sYJg1qzavr6o1_400.jpg

Jerome Marot

Mark, can you please do me a favour? Go back to the beginning of the thread and tell me whether I inadvertently stepped into another dimension. I have the strange feeling that we are not quite on the same time-space continuum.

Mark Hampton

Mark, can you please do me a favour? Go back to the beginning of the thread and tell me whether I inadvertently stepped into another dimension. I have the strange feeling that we are not quite on the same time-space continuum.

opps .. sorry jerome...

i will think about this slippage - we could make a device to quanify it and from Ancient Greek: τάξις taxis "arrangement" and Ancient Greek: νομία nomia "method" it ....

20120513_0492.jpg

Bobs position in the garden is crucial to our very survival - Deka

i will try this next full moon myself i think.

Mark Hampton

Ok Jerome - i slipped - you my friend remained. sorry !

...... its dark in here

....asher let me oot !

Jerome Marot

Well, whatever dimension you are in, you are the only member here who commented on Laetitia's pictures.

Apparently Laetitia Eskens still lives and study in Essen. I wonder why she removed her pictures. I also wonder why nobody commented. Of course her work is not "spectacular", but it is "delicate" and I hoped more people here would relate to it.

Mark Hampton

Well, whatever dimension you are in, you are the only member here who commented on Laetitia's pictures.

Apparently Laetitia Eskens still lives and study in Essen. I wonder why she removed her pictures. I also wonder why nobody commented. Of course her work is not "spectacular", but it is "delicate" and I hoped more people here would relate to it.

Jerome, they are well made - the light in them is well returned to the viewer almost 0 point energy.

a lot of work get missed - or is transent as the images appear to me - people tend to gravitate to the work that they admire - saturation through LED is potent (in some pictures it is a must)

I guess the spectacle demands less subtlety and more drama - its funny how every smear of time is equally important but our medium demands we cast some smears above others.

sorry for derailing your thread earlier.

cheers

Jerome Marot

Last picture left on flickr:

4528945931_95e569df5e_z.jpg

As should be clear from the lack of picture above, the last picture left on flickr is gone. You can only see the other pictures, because they were copied on other web sites. Laetitia has taken all of her pictures down, when she could.

There is just a single picture left on flickr, this one:

7933219530_13a733c58a.jpg

Description (in case that picture is also taken down): the cover of a book. Nothing particular photographically. The title of the book is "Die Schatten der Vergangenheit". In English: "The shades of the past" (literal translation, original title was "Notes on extinction").

The past is gone. It remains only as a shade. It had to go for Laetitia to move forward, I suppose.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This thread, with all it gaps is so in synch with the efforts of banking where we just find a toothbrush or a photograph from a wallet or an entire city entombed in ash, the people long evaporated.

It relates to transience and removes from me, at least, a lot of conceit.

Asher