• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Chat with Pentax Today...

A Little Chat with Pentax re: Nikon 1.1

It seems that the "Rumors" about an 18.7 mega pixel Nikon with a 1.1 sensor seem to be known to the people at Pentax. When I brought up the new Nikon they weren't at all surprised and said "Yes, a 1.1 sensor of 18.7 mega pixels..."

Take it for what ever that is worth. The implications could be interesting.

Ben

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Even a rumor of a Nikon 18.7MP 1.1 Sensor can send a strong blast up the rear of Canon!

I would love it to be true, especially if it was as smart as the Pentax. That's what we need! Only good can come of it. One thing would be a drop in price of the 1DsII and the messianic arrival of the new 1DsIII or whatever it will be called.

Nikon has such a good background and there's an enormous backlog og heopes from Nikon guys fully lenses up, waiting for this!

Benjamin, from your mouth upwards and onwards!

Pentax needs a lot of prayers as do Mamiya and Leica. These are testy times!

I hope you can give us a view of the Mamiya ZD back before your Pentax comes a reality!

Asher