• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I am in trouble as I accidently erased all my keywords

Antonio Correia

I accidently erased all my keywords. I even do not know how I did it. Of course I clicked the erase button thinking I was erasing a photo from a collection.
I have a back up a month old but meanwhile I have not backed-up everything.

When I realized I had erased the keywords I did some "un-dos" but no results whatsoever !

Any help please ? Thank you.

i-RDv9QGM-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Depending on how the database is constructed it could be that the keywords are still present in individual images. So pick several keywords you have frequently used and do a search for them on your computer. Hopefully, those records will pop up. Then all you have to do is remember the words you used.

You might have a backup of your hard drive and you could open your file program there. Now what database are you using?

Are you using a Mac? Then are you using "Time Machine"? You can simply go back to the status of your computer a week ago or whatever date you wish.

Good luck!

This is a wake up call!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I accidently erased all my keywords. I even do not know how I did it. Of course I clicked the erase button thinking I was erasing a photo from a collection.
I have a back up a month old but meanwhile I have not backed-up everything.

When I realized I had erased the keywords I did some "un-dos" but no results whatsoever !

Any help please ? Thank you.

i-RDv9QGM-XL.jpg

Good thing babies do not need keywords!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you guys.
I am using an Apple and working on LR

I have a back-up from last month. However, some data will be lost.
I stopped using Time Machine because it would erase old files. Well, that is the way I think it works. May be wrong.

:)

Asher Kelman

Thank you guys.
I am using an Apple and working on LR

I have a back-up from last month. However, some data will be lost.
I stopped using Time Machine because it would erase old files. Well, that is the way I think it works. May be wrong.

:)

Good luck, Antonia! Anyway, a beautiful infant balances out one hella of a lot of missing keywords!

In life, things are generally better than you fear but still a little off from we should expect. I choose to over-rejoice on what luck befalls me as I cannot stop every errant pigeons around here from bombing my car as they fly by!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Good luck, Antonia! Anyway, a beautiful infant balances out one hella of a lot of missing keywords!
In life, things are generally better than you fear but still a little off from we should expect. I choose to over-rejoice on what luck befalls me as I cannot stop every errant pigeons around here from bombing my car as they fly by! Asher

Pigeons behave is the same everywhere.

Their poop is corrosive and leaves a stain in the painting of cars.

My problem is solved. I now back-up every day !!! LOL

Asher Kelman

So, Antonio,

Tell us how you solved the problem! Also, what can this lesson teach us. Is there something inherently risky with Lightroom. Usually one would expect a warning, Do you really want to erase your entire database of code words?"

Asher