• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wake on Surprise Lake

wake_on_surprise_lake_by_tricky_trees-daox3mc.jpg

It was a grand afternoon! Cheers, Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
wake_on_surprise_lake_by_tricky_trees-daox3mc.jpg

It was a grand afternoon! Cheers, Mike

The crests and wake gives us an idea of the 13 kilometer wide asteroid's effect on the earths crust when it knocked such waves in solid rock making an outer circular crest, a central deep depression in the crushed and essentially liquid behaving pulverized solid rock. From apace, it would have looked something like this, but as a 30 km diameter circle.

Asher

The crests and wake gives us an idea of the 13 kilometer wide asteroid's effect on the earths crust when it knocked such waves in solid rock making an outer circular crest, a central deep depression in the crushed and essentially liquid behaving pulverized solid rock. From apace, it would have looked something like this, but as a 30 km diameter circle.

Asher

Yes, I see what you mean - an assault upon nature by an outside object. My experience was something like that, too. Nature that day was a quiet lake on a Sunday afternoon - complacent campers lazing by their cabins. Perfect for me, too. The boat was the pride and joy of a young mechanic making enough money to buy something top-of-line for fishing and towing friends, kids, visitors on water-skis, tubes or whatever. When we pottered around the lake, he demonstrated the fish-finding gear. I marvelled at its accuracy - the creatures beneath the surface hadn't a chance. When he opened up the engine, the surges in noise, speed and power were simply awesome. I hope the picture conveys some of that impression. We were kings and the lake our playground. But to watchers on the shore, I'm sure our passage was a nuisance. But if our ride was an assault on those nature lovers, i was pleased to be part of it, if only for an afternoon. If that sounds ambiguous, so be it. It’s liberating to be a hooligan, part of the human condition that many of us older souls would rather not admit. Maybe that’s a reason why Trump won and Hillary lost. Cheers, Mike.