• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tea vendor

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A recent one from the streets of Istanbul.

Cem,

That extra information about the fisherman brings them to life and adds a 4th dimension to you already engaging picture.

I was taught not to cut off body parts. I first was taken by Tom Dinning doing just that with a beach scene, but that was helpful as it served to give a sense of being there with folk entering and leaving the frame.

Here, your cut-off fishermen likewise work well. We do not need to see them completely. You sharing about the mackerel allows us to see the fisherman's faces and even the fish as they are pulled out of the water.

.....and that tea, it's so typically Turkish and refreshing!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Cem,

A wonderful shot.

I am curious about, in the large "flower [tree] pot", the white plastic tubes and what look like swabs on the end of aluminum rods.

Or maybe they are the "feet" of some four-legged stand.

Best regards,

Doug

Cem_Usakligil

Hi, Cem,

[/CENTER]
A wonderful shot.

I am curious about, in the large "flower [tree] pot", the white plastic tubes and what look like swabs on the end of aluminum rods.

Or maybe they are the "feet" of some four-legged stand.

Best regards,

Doug
Hi Doug,

The white plastic tubes are paper coffee cups stapled together.
The aluminium rods are crutches and the dark swabs are the cushions for under the armpits.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Cem,

Hi Doug,

The white plastic tubes are paper coffee cups stapled together.
The aluminium rods are crutches and the dark swabs are the cushions for under the armpits.

Oh, of course. If I had looked more carefully I would have seen that.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug