• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

sand patterns

Andy brown

DSC_8411%20screen%20size_zpsqsxvvp0q.jpg

DSC_8404%20screen%20size_zpsmt6adxak.jpg

DSC_8501%20screen%20size_zpsirxnqdod.jpg

Wolfgang Plattner

HI Andy,
stunning and beautiful, what/who is respondible for the structures in the first two pictures?
The third one is very beautiful in its simplicity, I like that.

Andy brown

Thanks Wolfgang.

Small crabs make the sand balls as they feed at low tide.

Antonio has some similar images from Portugal as I remember.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

This last one Andy, is superbly exotic! Wish I was imaginative enough to create such a bold notion from my own inner imagination and creativity!

Did you happen to make more shots of this? I think there could be so many wonderful version of this unique pattern!

Asher

Andy brown

Thanks Asher, I was at this beach, Minnie Water, it's my new local beach, I've recently moved a thousand k's to the north and the sand has at least a couple of different colour themes which seem to have different weights which leads to some wonderful patterns forming.
I was only there for a couple of hours and after bodysurfing there was only an hour for taking photos.
Everywhere I looked there were interesting shapes, forms and textures so I just kept moving a clicking. It was very easy shooting, prime lens, shot from directly above, no depth of field to worry about, extremely even lighting and colour tones so it was basically all about composing and nothing else.
I took a couple of hundred shots, none the same.

Here's a few more:

DSC_8439%20screen%20size_zpspjlju57p.jpg

DSC_8471%20screen%20size_zpswzbewaxg.jpg

DSC_8486%20screen%20size_zps7wkhczsa.jpg