• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

K10D remote

Angela Gregory

Does anyone use a remote with the K10D? If so, is it wired or wireless? I am very interested in trying this, but have not found anyone using it. Thanks!

Angela

Angela Gregory

Kyle, could you tell me where you got it? I have made inquiries other places and I have been told there isn't a wireless for the K10D.

Kyle Nagel

K10D Remote

Well, I didn't actually buy mine, it was given to me by the Rep. But they are available quite a few places on-line, as well as some after market versions. Here is the link to the Pentax site where it shows Pentax's OEM version: Pentax Remote F. If you buy the actual Pentax remote it has a place in the K10D's optional battery grip to store it when not in use. I did have one of the after market versions at one time but it didn't work as well and went through batteries like crazy, it was one day while I was trying to get the after-market one to work that the Pentax rep handed me a brand new original one and said "It's yours, now throw that other one away".

Angela Gregory

Thanks, I will check the Pentax site. I have the battery grip so the remote already has a home. It's great to find another K10D user, it seems that everyone I know is using Canon or Nikon.

Steve Robinson

The nice thing about the K10D is that there are two IR sensors for the remotes, both front and rear. Makes those slow shutter speed tripod shots real easy.