• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Two of my Favorites

Sydney Rester

But how did I really do?

1034518512_nnWQs-XL.jpg

Wedding #1 with 135L

1032502716_HPcHk-XL-2.jpg

Wedding #2 with 135L

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
But how did I really do?

1034518512_nnWQs-XL.jpg

Wedding #1 with 135L

Wedding #2 with 135L

Sydney,

When you first joined OPF, I pirated one of your pictures to start a new thread on the matter of snaps and mementos and higher art. I remarked then, as follows:

Asher Kelman said:
Here we have a lady, new to photography who photographs what's so dear to her. There's no pretense, arrogance, use of other folks ideas, just her eye in the viewfinder from her chosen position in her world of loved beings. She's driven by a need to treasure what's alive around her. That's a unique and honest feeling she has. I cannot believe that out of this we cannot have art that means a lot to us, beyond her own personal cares. I don't mean that snapping enough will give a photograph more worthy to us all. But I do believe there's a spark of some ability to see things beyond the mere snap of a moment. That spark might need educating. We need that ourselves. Sydney's work might provide a great and fresh series where one might observe what goes into the development towards the picture we value more.

I am so pleased that you took the burst of energy in your hands, when your sister was taken from you and documented your nieces and then, not stopping, simply thrust forward to make yourself a photographer. I am not in any way claiming that these 2cd shooter wedding pics are higher art. Still they are so valuable! You must not lose that fresh "memento" esthetic. Even the staged moments here have the essence of truth. Capturing real human emotions is a wonderful thing.

Think also of stealing in stealth mode, hunting for relationships and moments that are unstaged.

Asher

Last edited:

John Angulat

pro member
But how did I really do?

1034518512_nnWQs-XL.jpg

Wedding #1 with 135L​

Wedding #2 with 135L​

Sydney,
The best compliment I can find to say is this - were I to be married, I'd be pleased to have you capture the event.
These are two images that speak happiness, love and joy.
I envy your eye.

Andy brown

But how did I really do?

You did extremely well.

Weddings are completely fraught. Someone's moment of fantasy/commitment/love/foreboding/hope all combined and to do that moment justice the best thing you can do is let the couple be and be there to capture expressions of 'themselves'. Push that theme, really disappear out of their 'space' and feel the moment to squeeze the shutter, your clients will love it.

You've done splendidly.

You won't look back.

Sydney Rester

Thank you all so much. I posted some of these on a Texas photo forum today and was hired to second shoot my next wedding within 20 minutes. It's next weekend. Can't wait!