• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Small Digicams that shoot RAW: lowest prices and good quality?

Mary Bull

Sean Reid said:
Hi Mary,

I've only read your first post so far but the G2 can indeed capture RAW files.
Thanks, Sean. I'm so impressed and delighted to have your attention. I have only just this morning subscribed to your website, BTW.

I was confused when I made the OP of this thread. Asher and Dierk, and others, soon set me straight about my G2 and RAW.

I love my camera, which I've had since early 2003.
It also performs nearly a stop better than it's indicated ISO level so ISO 400 is really closer to ISO 800. Later cameras in the G series have their finders located in such a way that the lens obscures part of the finder view.
Excellent information to have.
I am only this month learning how to explore the camera's advanced capabilities.

Thanks a mil for this input.

Mary

Sean Reid

My pleasure. I hope that you enjoy the site. The article called "On Small Sensor Cameras" might be very interesting for you.

Cheers,

Sean

dhphoto

Nicolas Claris said:
Bonsoir Mary
Try before you buy!
I've been quite dissapointed by the poor quality of the Canon G6.

This surprises me, I've read it is an exceptional camera, especially if the RAW files are carefully processed. They are changing hands at more than the price of a new G7 on UK ebay!

What do you find dissapointing?

David