• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Amazing

Jörgen Nyberg

If I'm not mistaken, that one is called Z-710 in europe.
There are alot of phones with similar quality (and specs), Samsung Z-720 or D900, SE K800 or Nokia N93 are a couple of 3 Mpx ones.
And LG has a 5 Mpx in europe, and in Asia, all korean and japanese phonemakers has cameras with 5-6 Mpx, and soon they will all have 10 Mpx ones.

Roger Lambert

The dpreview talks about these European phones - and that they are not available in the U.S.!

I think for the U.S., this is the best camera in a phone.

For those of us with a DSLR, I guess the question is - is this camera good enough for our casual snapshots?

I think the answer is - probably yes.

The web page shows an ISO 400 shot @ 1/125 (? - author not sure) with no noise reduction that looks very clean.

For the Web, and for small prints - what more do we need?

Have you seen better results with the higher MP European cams?

Jörgen Nyberg

No haven't seen much better, considering the limited optics, I think 2-3 Mpx is the max, any more and it doesn't help.

My brother has a SE K800 (D70 owner), that he uses for casual snaps (8 people in front of a war memorial and the like), and it's good enough for mom and dad ;-)

I can post some examples, when I get my new Samsung Z720 (sometime next week), if you like?