• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Recent wedding

LeRoy Parson

I'll jump right in and share a few from a recent wedding I shot. All images are some combination of D200/D300 17-55/70-200 with SB-800 w/the shell flash attachment.

p21944995-5.jpg

p11853097-5.jpg

p528962890-5.jpg

comments and critiques welcome!

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Another People Person here

First let me say hi and welcome. How'd I miss this today?

I love that detail shot of the table with the bokeh - details are actually a favorite of mine on the day. They just add so much to the full package of images.

The glow on the bride is a nice capture - the emotions are everything - the relationships shine when you capture these kinds of images. The one thing that bothers me a bit is the person behind the bride is overlapping the bride behind her veil. If you shoot PJ, you'd want to capture the angle a bit different or if I were doing an album, I'd probably PP that out. The emotions of the waiting men are right there too. I love the story of new shoes on what I assume is the groom. New shoes for a new path.

LeRoy Parson

First let me say hi and welcome. How'd I miss this today?

I love that detail shot of the table with the bokeh - details are actually a favorite of mine on the day. They just add so much to the full package of images.

The glow on the bride is a nice capture - the emotions are everything - the relationships shine when you capture these kinds of images. The one thing that bothers me a bit is the person behind the bride is overlapping the bride behind her veil. If you shoot PJ, you'd want to capture the angle a bit different or if I were doing an album, I'd probably PP that out. The emotions of the waiting men are right there too. I love the story of new shoes on what I assume is the groom. New shoes for a new path.

Thanks Kathy. The wedding was actually supposed to be outside. The ceremony was rained out and had to be held inside where the reception was supposed to be. It was actually the same day as the Blue Angels beach show (Pensacola, FL) and was the first time in 25 years they got rained out on the beach at home. I had no more room to move to get a different angle. When the couple orders I will do a final pp or clone on shots that need them.

I liked the groom and best man also. I went out in the foyer and scouted a spot and went to work as there were 3 weddings going on. We tried to stay out of each others way.

The table shot is one of the days favorites also.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Flexibility is key

Doing weddings and events don't give you time to pick and choose. While we come prepared, we are given a set not of our choosing and sometimes nature takes away from what we hoped for. For the rest, there is photoshop. Anyway, they are a nice introduction to your work. I am hoping for sunshine on Saturday in the Seattle area where I am shooting a wedding right on Puget Sound. Hopefully, my images will be this lovely.

LeRoy Parson

Doing weddings and events don't give you time to pick and choose. While we come prepared, we are given a set not of our choosing ...

So very true... once shot a wedding with a port-o-potty 35 ft behind the arch. No this is not a joke :)

Anyway, they are a nice introduction to your work.

Thanks

I am hoping for sunshine on Saturday in the Seattle area where I am shooting a wedding right on Puget Sound. Hopefully, my images will be this lovely.

Good weather and good shooting... I look forward to seeing some of your work.