• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

WHS Talent Show

Gary Ayala

Whitney High School Kids strut their stuff at the talent show.

501190142_fCZsF-L.jpg

501183668_y8ftz-L.jpg

501181192_JdkhT-L.jpg

501193594_9ssn2-L.jpg

The entire gallery is here:
http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/7751009_7SoYS#501193524_wub8e

Gary

Ken Tanaka

pro member
They're all quite good, Gary. Obviously from a skilled camera. But that ballerina image is really a new classic. Wow.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Gary,

This is real life you are recording and it's beautiful. Each picture shows the promise of another child and represents many hours of devotion. I appreciate very much seeing all these pictures. You cannot share too many. Each one brings its own charm.

The first ballet dancer and the yoyo master and then Rachel grab me the most. It's always surprising when you learn what great things other people do that you'd never guessed at. Having a personal involvement with a creative activity is a major shield in a child's development against destructive traits.

Every kid should have the chance to make magic somehow.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
501190142_fCZsF-L.jpg

Nikolai is right in saluting this picture. Not only is the violinist shown, but also the lights and the angle give us a sense of a star-studded event.

501183668_y8ftz-L.jpg

This picture is presented in B&W and the discipline fits with the dancers pose, taking away the obvious flashes of color to allow us to enjoy basic form. The judgement, knowing that the first should be in color while this is worthy of being simplified, is grounded in a good sense of the parameters of experience to be emphasized for us, in the presentation of the image that the camera happens to record.

Asher

Gary Ayala

Thanks Asher. The Yo-Yo Master is still in training so I call him Yo-Yo Boy, which in turn his father is Yo-Yo Pa and mother is Yo-Yo Ma.

G

501193015_zrMJQ-L.jpg