• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

28mm, IS and ISO 1600!

Nill Toulme

Not just the small ones, but even the "serious photographer's" G7. Strange move by Canon IMO.

I can live without RAW in a pocket cam though, if the rest of the package is there.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Peter Mendelson

It looks like the SD900 has a bigger sensor but lacks the IS and 28mm on the SD800. I am looking for the best possible photo quality from a pocketable camera, and I may be more tempted by the SD900, although IS is great. On the other hand, I may get the Panasonic LX-2. I had the LX-1 and it has so many great features (including IS and Raw), as well as a very sharp lens (sharper than any of the Canon compacts I have owned). It just has higher noise and I would be forced to shoot at very low ISOs. I looked at the samples on the Canon site for the SD900 and wasn't that impressed, but am waiting for reviews.

Peter