• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Henna..again

fahim mohammed

I was asked recently to take a few photographs at a wedding ceremony for some acquaintances
of mine. The family belonged to the sub-continent. I reluctantly consented to take a few at the preparation ceremony.

I concentrated on the ornaments, decorated saris and the henna. This one of the very few that I took.

p771107081.jpg

Thanks for looking.

p.s could one of the mods pls move this thread to the wedding/events forum. I think it would be appropriate there. Sorry my bad.

Regards.

Last edited:

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Fahim,

I think that the colors of henna and the ornaments are very important elements of a picture like this one, so I am curious why you've decided to present it in B&W? Not that it is not a good picture as is, on the contrary!

PS: I've moved the thread as requested.

Cheers,

fahim mohammed

Cem, thanks for moving the thread.

Thanks for your very valid comments too. The simple reason to go for b&w was the atrocious colors
that I got. Jpg and D-lux4 in not very good lighting. Was not just good enough.

Best.

Hi Fahim,

I think that the colors of henna and the ornaments are very important elements of a picture like this one, so I am curious why you've decided to present it in B&W? Not that it is not a good picture as is, on the contrary!

PS: I've moved the thread as requested.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fahim,

If the colors are atrocious, then why not make it a challenge to have the folk correct it for us? If that interests you, why not give us a go? Send yourself the RAW or large jpg file by http://yousendit.com and then give us the uRL link.

Either way!

Asher