• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: With cream please...

fahim mohammed

p863867120.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

Lovely!

I think that perhaps the first German phrase I learned (and I'm not sure why) was mit schlag (a metaphor alluding, in fact, to whipped cream).

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

This is so 1950's! If the lights were bright, we'd see Norman Rockwell characters all around. The shapes are minimalistic and the rectangle on the left works well with the shiny metal globe of the dispenser. Why is the back of the foam squared? I'd love a tad of backlight to shape the cream but then coffee, cream and chocolate is already more than enough!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Doug, much appreciated. Regards to family and the twins!

Asher, did not know about Mr.Rockwell. Looked up some info and history on Goggle. Thanks for the introduction.

Best.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Trompe-l'œil

Why is the back of the foam squared?

Hi, Asher,

What foam is that?

Best regards,

Doug

p863867120.jpg

Fahim Mohammed: With cream please...

Doug,

You ask about the "foam". To the right in your picture, there's what appeared to me to be a grande cup of coffee with a giant floating mound of whipped cream foam decorated with chocolate syrup!

Trompe-l'œil, it's just an illusion. Fahim chose the title ,"With Cream Please.." My brain then parsed and fit the shape in the shadows to fit that expectation and it did that with aplomb! On review, I suspect that this is instead a plant.

Asher