• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shooting for Hog Heaven

Terry Lee

Got to haul the 8x10 out in the field today, didn't think it was going to be a very good day here in North Georgia, but turned into perfect weather. Ansel must have been happy ;-)

PigOnRoofsmall.jpg

It was so icky and drizzly this morning I didn't think I would be doing any shooting today. Instead sun came out and was almost too bright for the TMAX 400 I lugged along, wished for some Efke 100!

Wisner 8x10, 300mm Lens. Shooting TMAX400 EI 200 @ f22 1/30 second. All fun for the Hog Heaven project!

Terry Lee

Some more behind the scenes, these images (and truck bed) were courtesy of my Sherpa for the day and good friend David Greer.

010.jpg

009.jpg

Some details: I metered the sky at 16 2/3 EV, the darkest part of the scene metered in around 10 2/3 EV. Shooting TMAX 400 film my EI is 200, I put Zone V at around 13, which put the sky up around 9, a little to hot for my liking. To make scanning (and printing in the darkroom) easier I like to keep my highlights in Zone 8. So I decided to do N-1 development which for me works out to be 8 min in Rollo Pyro. 9 min is my N, 10 my N+1.

This is a straight scan of the negative (ok, I turned it into a positive B&W and reduced it by a ton, but you get my drift), no manipulations done to it yet. You can see that all the shadow details (I was measuring the fans on the front porch) are there, and the sky is nice.

PigOnRoofScan.jpg

The Zone system lives here ;-)​

Hope you enjoy the behind the scenes. Questions or comments welcomed, drop by the Hog Heaven project anytime, welcome all visitors and comments there as well!