• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shooting famous tourist places or landmarks in a new way

Nigel Allan

Well, here is one which I thought would be appropriate for this thread:

f38299.jpg

I'm guessing...Eiffel Tower??

What most people see as an iconic example of industrial design has been transformed through your eye into a piece of quasi-Islamic geometric design!

Nigel Allan

Wendy is way too kind. My best regards to her. :)

Yep, it is La Tour Eiffel itself. I am curious, where do you see the quasi-Islamic influence in this design?

Simply the geometric patterns I see here if you imagine this as a flat canvas - maybe not strictly 'Islamic' but certainly geometric...it could almost be a carpet pattern

Doug Kerr

Hi, Cem,
Well, here is one which I thought would be appropriate for this thread:

f38299.jpg

Lovely. Great art from great art.

Was this done "freehand"? I always have a bit of vertigo when I try to do that! (One reason I appreciate the articulated view screen on my SX20 IS!)

Best regards,

Doug