• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Two devices not loading correctly XP under Bootcamp

Paul Caldwell

I have two items in Device manager that don't have a driver to load. Both the the yellow ! showing that the driver is not present, or wrong etc.

The 1st one is under the mouse are, and is listed as a USB Human Interface device. There are 2 USB Human Interface Devices listed, the 1st one is OK.

I also have a PCI device that can't find a driver. It is showing up under "other devices" Currently can't find any driver for it, and when I go under device==properties, I can't get any idea as to what it is windows just calls it a PCI device. Below it are (2) unknown devices, which I assume are part of it.

Thanks
Paul C

I have set up 2 Macs + bootcamp.. I never did find the HID that said it was bad.. So I just told Windows to not use it. Under hardware management, I just chose the 'don't use' option. It quit whining to me and all seems well. I think until Apple or someone gets all the drivers that are needed you will have to live with it. One of the machines (Powerbook) I set up was using the new 'Mighty Mouse'. Apple says it won't work with on the XP side, but if you do a search you will find that it seems to work fine. The one I set up did.. The right mouse click stuff is a little odd, but that seems to be a matter of touch for the right/left mouse clicks... All in all bootcamp/xp seems to work well. It will be interesting to see what hardware problems pop up in the future... I am more of a PC person than a Mac so take that into account. I did read the built in camera needs to set to 'don't use'. That may be one of the HID's that show up as bad.