• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Writing/shooting for local publications

Chris Calohan

Been doing a bit of local work (the hand launched gliders is a part of one series that will be released in the July issue of Lynn Haven Life). This series is for an article on college baseball and fast-pitch softball scouts and their look at the local southeastern area's TOP 100 high school ball players. Lots of rain showers made shooting less than stellar but did manage a few before the worst of it set in and they had to call play.

Tie Went to the Runner

8999117198_4d38bcd242_o.jpg

Safely on at First

8997508889_18dea9d206_c.jpg

Scout's Radar Guns at the Ready (measuring pitcher's speed)

8998683746_f5ba45c3ca_o.jpg

Pop Fly (shallow, infield hit that essentially goes straight up and straight down)

8997475051_1a05c50a0d_b.jpg

In Defense of the Realm (in this case, home plate)

8997475213_5287fef8e5_o.jpg

The catcher was knocked butt over teakettle by the runner by still managed to hang onto the ball for the out.

Shot through the safety netting - Anticipation

8997474927_413978fa44_o.jpg

If you look carefully, you can see the ball passing by the hitter. It was a called strike.​

Chris Calohan

Thanks, Doug. I feel like I am getting better at the sports shooting thing but it's harder to do than it looks...