• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Portfolio Series for Your Consideration: An invited Series My Overlays and book covers from various photographs

Charlotte Thompson

All of Charlotte's pictures have been removed at her request subsequent to my request to check provenance.

I miss very much all the wonderful pictures and will gladly entertain any change of mind, Charlotte!

Thanks for the years of exposure to your creative work with found images.

Asher :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Charlotte,

You have to make your own decisions on your creative work. Normally, we delete nothing except as per TOS. Here, I respect your request, against my own inclination to be stubborn, as all the pictures are your constructions and no one else has posted their work in this thread. The etiology of the images is a matter for you and not OPF.

To everyone, I have not asked for any image to be removed, merely to check the recent photographs. If you miss the pictures, talk to Charlotte. We have enjoyed them. I'll try to remember them! Those made with vintage images, doubtless are perfectly fine to appear anywhere.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Thank you Asher

More new work will be in the making_ I thought to take down the old and start with new work

My work has evolved through the years and still is_ I adore change and the past is always lost_

Charlotte_

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Charlotte,

I like the series but wonder if it's necessary to add the last element as I feel that black space would be more powerful. Likewise, the very first image is repeated and better placed later to the right. Perhaps if, instead of the entire first image there was just they eye, looking in, it would be stronger.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Thanks for the input- appreciate that! I did this one with a black space way before I did the first one_
I worked on a lot of variations_

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Over the rocks, in the crevice of which the candle burned, there was thrust out an evil yellow face, a terrible animal face, all seamed and scored with vile passions. Foul with mire, with a bristling beard, and hung with matted hair, it might well have belonged to one of those old savages who dwelt in the burrows on the hillsides. The light beneath him was reflected in his small, cunning eyes which peered fiercely to right and left through the darkness, like a crafty and savage animal who has heard the steps of the hunters.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Hounds of the Baskervilles

I have many background motifs to work with as called for each piece I do and of course my own shadow and light work

I love these dogs- Scottish Deerhounds

Charlotte-

Rob Naylor

Hi Charlotte
Firstly, I must say the dog images are 100% - love them loads!
Each one speaks volumes, and as a set they are outstanding.

"Ghosts of a Nation" is very poignant and the overlay process adds so much drama and feeling to an otherwise simple image.

"The Garden of Eden" caught me out totally. I looked at the image without reading the title, and immediately the image suggested the plight of slavery etc. (I think the vertical border bars echoed prison bars, and the desperate scribble added to this concept) BUT then the smiling faces became apparent and the feel changed, finally after reading the title, all made sense - Adam and Eve.

Thanks for posting such a challenging and thought provoking image, I enjoyed that.

I like your work, and originality, thank you.

Charlotte Thompson

Rob

Thank you so very much for the outstanding crit of my new works!

The dogs Scottish Wolfhounds belong to a good friend of mine and I have such a love for them!

I think Ghosts of a Nation speaks for itself- The vintage shot for me was striking- I thought it needed some daring emotional work with it so I tried to explain through the overlay work how I felt on the subject of such a beautiful people and who they once were-

The Garden of Eden did at first come with the old idea of slavery however the beauty of these children was caught with such appealing gestures I immediately knew where they were- I thought they had to have such feelings as being in a Garden of Eden-

Thank you again!

Charlotte-

Andrew Molitor

I see what you're doing and I really like it. It strikes me that you could accomplish the same thing with a lighter touch, at least to my eye.

I'm not saying to avoid the repetition, the inclusion of multiple related pictures, the toning/drawing/painting/etc. It's only that to eye the balance between the underlying pictures and the handling you've chosen them is a little too far away from the pictures.

Both pictures and the handling are necessary for what you're doing here, obviously.

Charlotte Thompson

Jesse-

Thank you!. A very good thing to know.
Charlotte-

Andrew

Thank you- O I have done many less complicated overlays in my years of digital art work. This is a very new process and and having a bit of fun with it. Gives a new meaning to "layer"- difficult to do- but always a creative avenue to learn and explore-

Charlotte-

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Yes Nice poetic understanding and thank you for enlarging the art!
My Mac is back from computer repair and I forgot to enlarge my photo sizes in photo bucket-
Thanks again my friend!

Charlotte-

Rob Naylor

------:::::::O:::::::------

"Sugar and spice and all things nice
That's what little girls are made of"​

Charlotte - #3 of your "being female" series immediately reminded me of this little ditty.
So I guess it is a successful series, it made me think and remember.
Thanks
:)

------:::::::O:::::::------

Charlotte Thompson

Rob

I love you decorative card reply. Number 3 Being Female- is a memory metaphor piece of "the girl inside" the woman- I think I have 8 or 9 made of this series. I am so pleased you came by and your charming feedback -

Charlotte-