• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Calibrate Samsung Monitor

Harvey Moore

I am contemplating a new monitor, Samsung 215TW. They are available in my price range. Will be used with ps cs2 for photo editing plus all the other things I do on the pc.

My question is, does anyone have experience using and calibrating this monitor with the GM i1 display2 calibration system.

The GM unit works well with my 19" Sony LCD #SDM-HS94P. Good monitor except I am getting backlight leaks at the edges now, and it is out of warranty.

thanks,

harvey

Josh Liechty

I've used a Display2 colorimeter with Eye One Match 3.6 to calibrate a Samsung 213T on Windows XP x64. While I lack any higher-end color management system experience to compare it with, it seems to work fine for my needs as an (albeit impatient and demanding) amateur.

Harvey Moore

Josh,

We have the same calibrator, thanks for your thoughts and experience. I am going to pick up the monitor (215TW) in a couple of hours, will check back in with my experience after calibration.

harvey

Harvey Moore

Follow Up:

Purchased the Samsung 215TW and calibrated with GM i1 display2 system. Calibration went very well.

My next step now is a high end printer, then see how it comes together.

harvey

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Harvey,

Now is the time to re check you monitor calibration to see if it has drifted and by how much.

Just do I check in the center.

It would be good to know!

Asher