• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Actor's headshots - help!

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
I made a really great connection today with the owner of an actor's studio - someone I have worked with on another plane in life. In our conversation, she asked what I was doing and I said Photography, besides my day job. She said she'd LOVE to send me the headshot business (whoo hoo) but I don't know the official specs - and I do know there are some. There is some very big potential - enough for me to go sign a lease for a studio very soon. ;-)

Anyone have that info available?

Don Lashier

Kathy, as usual lighting is fundamental. I'm not in a position to give specific advice but this is fairly standard stuff (2 to 3 light sources, diffusers, balancing etc.) so find yourself a good book or web tutorial and go for it!

- DL

Nill Toulme

Kathy, intrigued by this, I googled "actor headshot specifications" and came up with a couple of interesting entries. Nothing directly responsive to your question, but some that were close; you might try some more of that sort of thing.

Hey! Taking Don's cue and changing the search to "actor headshot lighting" turns up all sorts of good stuff.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net