• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The impossible Project

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Has anyone been using the polaroids from 'The Impossible Project'? It's hard to get any solid data online about how useable they actually are with most reports that the first runs were practically unuseable but subsequent runs are not as bad. I have an idea for a project up in Safed (nostalgia/hippy) using this medium but given the extreme costs of the stuff I want to make sure I don't buy into anything just to fall flat on my face.

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Ben,

Get one small small sample and try. It's just a different flavor of Polaroid.

Asher

I did some flikr group browsing for a few hours last night, main problem (and it's a huge one) seems to be fading of the pictures within just a few months. Can't exactly sell stuff that fades within a year...

Perhaps it's too obvious a point to make, but if it's worth your effort you could always copy the initial results onto digital media.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Murray,

I agree. I have 20x24" Polaroids and protect them from light. I might copy them too! Polaroids will give you a good 600 dpi of information at least. So a 4x5 can make great 8x10 copies!

Asher