• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Exhibitionism ;)

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
In November we do a new BANGLADESH! exhibition in the gallery of the Saint-Jamles hotel , a Relais & Chateaux:
http://www.saintjames-bouliac.com/fr/presentation

We will exhibit much larger images (up to 7 feet) and more (22 in total)
It will last long time! from Nov. 14 to March 1st!

expo_Watever.jpg

Then another exhibition: my work in Bangladesh will be showcased by the Basia Embiricos gallery at the photo-off event in Paris, the fair godmother is Sarah Moon, a famous photographer here…
http://www.photooff.com

This will last a long week-end only, Nov. 14 to 18.

Then in December another exhibition embedded in the Paris Boat Show…

Not a bad end of year…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas,

This is so exciting for all your many friends and followers here. You not only deserve accolades in your own photography in itself, but also for the way your talented family have worked so hard to make others look good for decades. Now you are helping volunteers to make folk in far away places self supporting and in a healthy way. This is true nobility! Bravo Claris Clan!!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

Being open until March 2014 gives and opportunity for some of us to stop by in Paris and visit the exhibit! Hmm!

Asher

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

Being open until March 2014 gives and opportunity for some of us to stop by in Paris and visit the exhibit! Hmm!

Asher

Not exactly mon ami américain,
The exhibition that lasts till March 1st is the one in Bouliac (near Bordeaux), we had a diner there when you visited us with Wendy : D
The Paris Photo-off will end this Monday.

Last edited:

nicolas claris

Bouliac – Opening of the exhibition BANGLADESH!

Finally, I stayed in Bordeaux and did not move to Paris. Naps is what I need : D

The opening of the exhibition BANGLADESH on November 14 was really crowded!
4 large fine prints have been sold in minutes.
The exhibition is visible to the public at the Gallery of St. James Bouliac until March 1st.

22 large format fine art prints (thanks to the Pentax 645D and Dupon!) from 60x80cm to 200x150cm. Limited prints # to 25.

A good gift idea for birthdays or Christmas while helping Bangladeshi fishermen since all the sales income goes directly to the NGO Watever…
Now on the tech part, I have to say that is the first large prints I do not do with a Lambda or a Lightjet.
And I don't have any regrets! The prints where made with a large inkjet printer then pasted on Dibond and finally protected with a satin layer. Absolutely magnificent details. What a "piqué"! Really amazing. Thanks to the Dupon Lab!
Now some snaps shot with a Ricoh GR, just for the fun :

N001589-904x500.jpg

N001605-904x500.jpg

N001604-904x500.jpg

Romain on the right, talking future with art dealers…

N001644-904x500.jpg

Last edited:

nicolas claris

1458519_253175628165944_2091942358_n.jpg

Transshipment of salt

This was shot at sunset in the Chittagong harbor. There is almost no industrial infrastructure so the hundreds of cargoships are delivering their cargo with Sampans or bigger boat like this one.
The smiles of these mens go to the cameraman (Romain) and the photog…
They're just glad that someone stops by and pay attention to them.

Last edited:

Tom dinning

Registrant*
There doesn't seem to be anyone looking at the photos. And is that Chard in their glasses?
Nice effort, Nick. Next time can you have it at the Noonamah Pub so I can go?

nicolas claris

Hi Tom
Thanks for stopping by…
This is a huge gallery and photos were taken in the bar and it's area… more than 2 hours after the opening… maybe this explains why people are more concerned by Champagne than photos.
4 large prints have been sold within the first 2 hours, at least four people did look at the images !
If you think that the Noonamah Pub can make sales for Banglashi fishermen…

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

I'm really sorry not to see your show in Paris. Still, we have one very large picture of yours and that's stunning! We really hope to get to Bordeaux to see the exhibition there. Just need to complete building my wine cabinet! I'll need s lot of wine, LOL!

Asher