• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Andy McKee Live

John_Nevill

Its been a while since I've posted an update on the GRD II, but I had the opportunity to see Andy McKee live last night (excellent guitar player from Kansas) and so took the GRD II along for some grab shots.

The venue was small and I was standing about 3m from the front. I wish I had the 40mm adaptor as the 28mm can be a little too wide.

Anyhow here's some stylised images from the event.

Andy-McKee001.jpg

Andy-McKee003.jpg

Andy-McKee008.jpg

All images shot at ISO400 using spot metering, -0.7EV and snap mode focus. Shutter varies between 1/50 to 1/150s. Processed in C1 4.1 and toned in CS3.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi John,

Glad to see more action with the GRD II. How close were you? The 28 mm lens does not seem gto have stopped you getting pretty good images. Is this a small crop?

Did you use the on board flash? Also how does this behave with flash ot does this ruin the more subtle experience and advantage of this special camera?

John_Nevill

Hi Asher,

All shots were wide open at f/2.4 using ambient light (off the various spotlights) that constantly changed throughout the set.

Images are <60% crops, which is why a 40mm adaptor would have been useful. At ISO 400 and with this amount of cropping, the images tend to be very grainy. So one has two options, use the grain or smear the detail with aggressive NR.