• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

She Danced

Brandon Cade

Color
twirl.jpg

B&W
_DSC0025bw.jpg

My first attempt to paint with light, I sought out the help of my ballet trained girlfriend, and told her to dance.

d90/ f/3.5 /iso200/ 18mm/ exposure time 10 seconds.​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is an exceptionally enterprising way of writing with light. What ISO did you use?

Is this a one off project or are you planning more? Having a talented girlfriend for this fun photography is a great joint affair! Friends and family often balk at the extended time we devote to photography and not common interests. So you are fortunate! Dancers are trained to make graceful moves and show, it would seem likely that lights might make a pleasing pattern. I would encourage you to work on this further and have the dancers use other colors n the b.g., perhaps, to build the picture further.

Asher

Brandon Cade

Asher, the iso was set at 200.

I may try to recruit some more dancers and get them to dance maybe a routine with the light. I really enjoyed the way it turned out :)

Asher Kelman

Brandon,

Thanks for giving the ISO. You certainly have opened my eyes to possibilities. What other light sources have you tried? Also what mistakes have you made that you now know to avoid?

Asher

Brandon Cade

Brandon,

Thanks for giving the ISO. You certainly have opened my eyes to possibilities. What other light sources have you tried? Also what mistakes have you made that you now know to avoid?

Asher

This is actually my first attempt, I've been thinking on it for a while. I've learned a bit from taking pictures of cars in the dark, while at late night car shows.

Here is another example of photos I've been working on, at night.

DSC_0079s.jpg

-Gazing into the Night-

It's a common everyday gazing ball, that one would find in a garden. This one is a bit different, it absorbs sunlight and radiates it at night, until all of the energy is released or lapsed.

Asher Kelman

DSC_0079s.jpg

-Gazing into the Night-

It's a common everyday gazing ball, that one would find in a garden. This one is a bit different, it absorbs sunlight and radiates it at night, until all of the energy is released or lapsed.

I have no idea what a gazing ball is, LOL! However, I like the idea of having components with different colors and designing a preconceived picture, piece by piece.

Asher