Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Entry Digital Photography

Entry Digital Photography Entry to a digital world can be eased. Try us!

Old December 11th, 2012, 05:30 PM

Default Quick Snap During a Frederick's of Hollywood Shoot

I was called at the last minute to attend an event sponsored by Frederick's of Hollywood and Boudoir Vodka to promote a clothing line.

The lighting was just available rooftop lighting for the PH suite at The Roosevelt. I felt like having fun with all natural lighting. The camera is an EOS 60D, and the lens was a Sigma 50mm f1.4 prime.

This next one, like many, blur with the motion of the model. I thought that would be more fun than flash, and altered lighting, position, wasn't an option.

-Adrian
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:49 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Wareham View Post
I was called at the last minute to attend an event sponsored by Frederick's of Hollywood and Boudoir Vodka to promote a clothing line.

The lighting was just available rooftop lighting for the PH suite at The Roosevelt. I felt like having fun with all natural lighting. The camera is an EOS 60D, and the lens was a Sigma 50mm f1.4 prime.

This next one, like many, blur with the motion of the model. I thought that would be more fun than flash, and altered lighting, position, wasn't an option.

-Adrian
Adrian,

You've caught the vibe of the place! What about the people drinking and the bartender?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old December 12th, 2012, 01:16 AM

Here are more ...

-Adrian
Old December 12th, 2012, 02:44 AM

And two more, playing with strong color and contrast ...

-Adrian
Old December 12th, 2012, 04:36 AM

I'm not sure if the animation will play for all here. If not, click on the link to source.

-Adrian
Old December 12th, 2012, 01:08 PM

Two more animations. Just having fun! =)

With a pic in the middle since they have different frame rates ...

-Adrian
Old December 12th, 2012, 04:44 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

A lot of fun! I like the animated gif's. How's it done?

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old December 12th, 2012, 05:01 PM

With the camera, you hold the shutter release down in high speed mode (mine is a 60D) and take pictures until the buffer fills, or you are satisfied. Then, in the GIMP, you open the picture with the subject farthest away. Then, in that window, file -> open as layer -> open the next farthest ... repeat as necessary. When you go to save the layers, the GIMP will ask if you want to flatten or save as animation. (you can also crop, and optimize for gif, but those are optional) Export as animation and voila.

Give it a shot!

Have fun!
Old December 12th, 2012, 06:50 PM

A series I made a while ago and looped to give the appearance of dancing.

-Adrian