• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A7rII now, is it late?

Jerome Marot

Jerome,

Why is that the case? Any ideas? Is it a higher dynamic range and so less "micro-harsh" transitions, or what?

IOW, is it inherent to some better algorithms or inherent in the optics and larger sensor?

Asher

I think it simply has to do with a particular choice of the pigments of the Bayer array and of the calibration matrices of their color model.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I think it simply has to do with a particular choice of the pigments of the Bayer array and of the calibration matrices of their color model.

That's an idea! So Jerome, theoretically, could one design a profile conversion so that one could make one look like the other?

So it's not just a matter of "color space". Using a gray card or a set of colors in the Great McBeth or Xrite color checker, would do what?

Asher