Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Entry Digital Photography

Entry Digital Photography Entry to a digital world can be eased. Try us!

Old October 28th, 2011, 12:56 AM

Default Childs View

Back in January of 2009 it took this picture and made it into a B&W, and named it "child's view"

Child's View by Cody White
Well six months ago I went back and re-shot it from a lower angle

Child's View 2011 by Cody White
Old October 28th, 2011, 01:10 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

[CENTER][IMG]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn169/icicle[/QUOTE]

Cody,

What happened to the angels? Have you thought of correcting the verticals. I think that would happen in the child's brain.

I so like the fact that we can see the lights hanging down.

Also, what would this be like in B&W.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old October 28th, 2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
[CENTER][IMG]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn169/icicle
Cody,

What happened to the angels? Have you thought of correcting the verticals. I think that would happen in the child's brain.

I so like the fact that we can see the lights hanging down.

Also, what would this be like in B&W.

Asher
The top one was shoot at 36 inches above the floor if I remember correctly, and the bottom one was shot around 10 inches from the floor

Edit:
Old February 5th, 2012, 04:39 AM

While I'm normally a fan of black and white, I really like this shot in colour. The way you took the shot is quite stunning, the low angle really opens up the ceiling quite nicely. Well done picture .
Old February 5th, 2012, 06:28 AM

The colour shot is super, blows the mind a bit (a mini "Fellini's Roma" here?) but good shot.
Old February 9th, 2012, 08:24 PM

The angels were gone.. I think it would be better if they are still included..
And I understand that it is on another perspective so it would be difficult to include it to the photo from a few inch view from the floor..
I like more the color B&W photo for that because it is more solemn..
Old February 13th, 2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke Symon View Post
While I'm normally a fan of black and white, I really like this shot in colour. The way you took the shot is quite stunning, the low angle really opens up the ceiling quite nicely. Well done picture .
Thank You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hélène Anderson View Post
The colour shot is super, blows the mind a bit (a mini "Fellini's Roma" here?) but good shot.
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Hurley View Post
The angels were gone.. I think it would be better if they are still included..
And I understand that it is on another perspective so it would be difficult to include it to the photo from a few inch view from the floor..
I like more the color B&W photo for that because it is more solemn..
I was thinking about going back and getting one from directly on the floor, but I can't picture it in my mind on how it would turn out.

In all my honesty I like both the color one and the b&w one, each of them has their own perspective to the same shot.
Old March 11th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Banned

Hi Cody.
Sorry about. The late note. I'm a new member and just wandering aimlessly to see who I can annoy. Not that I want to annoy people. It just turns out that way sometimes.
Anyway, I do like your shot but I wonder about the name . Naming things usually requires an association with the viewer and I wonder where that might come from in your photo. I understand about the low view. But it's not such a departure from what I might see ordinarily, being a short bloke who hates churches. I got married in one once and i think it had a detrimental effect on my faith. I'm thinking if I were a kid what would I feel when I saw this place and how could I get that onto the shot. Maybe standing next to someone and holding their hand in security then exaggerating the vertices instead of straightening them to give an overpowering distorted look. I reckon most kids are terrified by all the grandeur. I remember I was and still am. Anyway, just a thought.