• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Happy Pedal Car

Jim Galli

PedalCar_BL.jpg

Grandpa's truck​

Blessed with 3 very healthy very active grandson's I made the decision to buy this pedal car. Now, I retain ownership, but I'm happy to share. It's in it's 3rd season and the 6 year old is already getting too big. I'm pleased that it is getting some battle scars from use. What good is an un-loved pedal car?

Made last evening with a 4X5 Speed Graphic camera using the focal plane shutter at 1/360th of a second. The lens was a Bausch & Lomb theater projection lens. It is a very fast modified petzval of about 5.5 inches f3. No aperture so it has to be used wide open. Film was some very ood Kodak Commerical 4127 rated at asa 32.

Hope you like it. Asher, if I posted it in the wrong place, educate me.

GrandpasPedalCar_1.jpg

Just so there's no confusion, the color pic is by Nikon D200

Last edited:
Looks like they are having a blast! Also appears that the car has seen it's fair share of bumps and scrapes. Both shots are very nice and tell the stories of fun times.

Marshall

Gary Ayala

Damn ... I like the first one Jim ... (by todays standards - lol), very LensBaby-ish.

Gary

PS- Keep the registration in your name.
G

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
A treasure...

The story is right there on the faces of your grandsons. Oh what great captures!. You can't set up a scene like this - it just has to happen and you have to be there, ready to capture it, if and when it does . Kudos for being there ready at the right time.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jim,

The picture is captivating and has softness which makes us comfortable. Once we realize what it really is, a tin toy, we enjoy the humor and picture even more. This rewinds movies of our own lives. We remember the toys that we used or that our children felt so attached to. Stirring the pot of our own experiences, adds worth to us.

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

The Nikon? Have no guilt, you are forgiven!

Christopher Jay

Great pic Jim... especially the grand kids. Right away memories came flashing back to me when was about 5 or 6 years old. As the song goes, thanks for the memories! :)