Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Entry Digital Photography

Entry Digital Photography Entry to a digital world can be eased. Try us!

Old January 29th, 2009, 08:32 PM

Default playing around with my point and shoot and got.......

this picture of the moon one night......I call it 'midnight love' until I can think of another name. hope the picture is the size its suppose to be

(hasn't been edited, since the only program on the laptop is picasa2 and i have no idea how to use it, i'm a paintshop junkie lol)
this was taken with my point and shoot(no tripod since its so small) its a casio exilim, my hubby was trying to give me pointers in the process of this picture being taken but me being my impatient self i just had to take the picture my way......LOL! but i like the way it turned out, i'm sure there is a lot of things that could of been done differently and such. Any pointers i could use for the future is welcome! TIA

Last edited by Ashley Sperry; January 29th, 2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old January 29th, 2009, 08:36 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Sperry View Post
this picture of the moon one night......I call it 'midnight love'

(hasn't been edited, since the only program on the laptop is picasa2 and i have no idea how to use it, i'm a paintshop junkie lol)
this was taken with my point and shoot(no tripod since its so small) its a casio exilim, my hubby was trying to give me pointers in the process of this picture being taken but me being my impatient self i just had to take the picture my way......LOL! but i like the way it turned out, i'm sure there is a lot of things that could of been done differently and such. Any pointers i could use for the future is welcome! TIA
Hi Ashley,

Do you realize that the image you posted was a thumbkin, tiny little dot of a picture, LOL! Look at thr file size.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old January 29th, 2009, 08:38 PM

hmmmmmm nope i didn't lol, never used photobucket before expect to store my digital artwork stuff, looks like i have to figure this stuff out LOL
Old January 30th, 2009, 03:44 AM

Hi Ashley,
My first reaction was..."well, that a very tightly cropped shot of Venus...".
Then we all expect Asher to ask for a wider shot!
...just kidding.
Welcome aboard, glad you you found us at OPF!
Getting the hang of inserting images takes a while, and each on-line storage place is a bit different.
As an aside, it's alway good to use the "preview post" button before obligating yourself.
Don't be discouraged! Persevere! Shoot! Post!
Old January 30th, 2009, 09:34 AM

one of these day's i'm going to get the hang of photobucket, i think i have mine set up to resize the pictures when they are being uploaded then i make them smaller........hoping this time around it'll be the size i want it, yesterday they showed up 'normal sized' and now today they are tiny!!!

Old January 30th, 2009, 11:20 AM

Hi Ashley,

Yes, it's come through! flare is a hot spot where there was over exposure or lese a volcano on the moon and it will be name after you, LOL! It's a memorable first picture.

I hoe you and your good husband will both be regular contributers. Do you have a mac or PC? There's a program that does auto uploading for PC's if you are interested. It's by Nikolai who has several threads active right now.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old January 30th, 2009, 01:08 PM

we have a pc. Is the autoloader just for here or is it compatiable with other sites?
Old January 30th, 2009, 01:24 PM

Hi Ashley,

It works with all website AFAIK. I think it's called *Explorer or Star Explorer. The link is below Nikolai's signature!

Asher

Old January 30th, 2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Hi Ashley,

Do you realize that the image you posted was a thumbkin, tiny little dot of a picture, LOL! Look at thr file size.
But I don't see any noise or banding, so maybe that's a good thing. The optics look great, too.