• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

RZ67 Dark View Area

Ted Weitz

Hi

Just picked up an RZ67 body and added a lens [180] a screen and a back When I look through the WL viewer it is very dark with a lighter area in the center when I use the magnifying glass.
The mirror looks like it is moving down fine after a shot, the screen and the WL are in place new battery is in, what could that be or is it the way it should be. I have a RB67 and the VF there is bright.
It does not look like in the attached picture :( Can't figure that out

Thanks!

Ted

A-Very-Personal-Mamiya-RZ67-Pro-Review.jpg

Hi Ted,

I'm a RB67 user, and have unfortunately never used a RZ. I've used two different focusing screens on my RB, and they had quite different characteristics.

The stock screen does darken noticeably towards the corners, whereas a Beattie Intenscreen offered a somewhat brighter, more even image. My Beattie was slightly warped though, so I prompty stopped using it.

You don't, by any chance, have some sort of a fancy screen in your RB, and a stock one in your RZ?

Finally, how clean is your focusing screen / mirror? I've seen ones that have been pretty gunked-up towards the edges.

Perhaps you could post a photograph showing us?

all the best -
Dawid