• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Corsica: grabbing in the treasure chest

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi

working on a fotobook-project dedicated to some mediterranian island journeys we did the last years, I'm grabbing in the corsica "treasure chest" ...

views of the old city of Cortè

Jarmo Juntunen

Looks like we trotted the same paths, Wolfgang. I found Corte a very intriguing place. Thank you for sharing these photos.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi

working on a fotobook-project dedicated to some mediterranian island journeys we did the last years, I'm grabbing in the corsica "treasure chest" ...

views of the old city of Cortè

Wolfgang,

I am so pleased that you share your treasure chest, as all this is an eye-opener for me. I see a motif of architectural layers and a striving to preserve what previous generations built. That is an efficient system and admirable.

This is rich and I can imagine that the cuisine is similarly very well developed and unique.

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Looks like we trotted the same paths, Wolfgang. I found Corte a very intriguing place. Thank you for sharing these photos.

Yep, Jarmo there are not too many different paths ... :))
We spent there two weeks, travelling with our own car from Bastia to Bonifacio (3 days), then cross-island to Porto (at the westcoast) for one night in the most charming little hotel (6 small rooms) we ever have been, passed three days at Cortè and spent the last week in Calvi before we hit the ferrie again at Bastia.
We lived in appartements, as we both speak french in Cortè and Calvi in direct contact to the owners, which was very impressing because of the warmth and friendship we received.
In Bonifacio we "supported" a new project initialized by two siblings, he is architect his sister organizes the area. They constructed several not too big bungalows two minutes outside of Bonifacio, very charming, very comfortable and as a welcome you find "Asterix en Corse" sur le table of your appartement ...