• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Central American Textures

Robert Watcher

I simply can’t get enough of the textures and colours of Central America. I walk the same streets and never have to worry about finding new content that I’ve never photographed before.

A few things are vital to my photographic experience:
1- A small pocketable camera. Currently the Olympus EM10 with 14-42mm (28-84mm) kit lens
2- iPad and/or iPhone with OL Share so that I can send the files I want to post online, to my phone or tablet with the Olympus built-in wifi.
3- Snapseed App on my portable devices for processing the Imported images
4- Gifyu.com to upload files to for storage, resizing, BB code, delivery to online sites such as Instagram, Facebook, OPF, etc
5- Data plan on my iPhone to get me access to the web. I often use it as a Hotspot for my easier to use iPad

With this setup, I wander the streets grabbing images unobtrusively, pop into a coffee shop or just sit on a sidewalk and transfer the files from camera to device wirelessly, process them and upload them to display online. It’s the “cats meow”

91FE21A2-A9FD-4A55-B566-874BF663352A.jpg

2EC611FB-8E79-4B60-BA58-EA7D650FC1FF.jpg

0E9459CC-426A-41A7-BD7E-DB054F9E149D.jpg

44B87E01-AAA6-4753-8D2C-6F16160F86A7.jpg

831B6E0B-F8A9-40A5-89E2-CDE52F05A943.jpg

B7DA92EC-092D-4DD5-93F4-04802BE63DD7.jpg

———————-

Peter Dexter

Some very nice images there. I like the second, fourth, fifth and sixth. I only don't like the third because they give me very poor signal to my finca. Anyway that's a very nice door series.

Robert Watcher

Some very nice images there. I like the second, fourth, fifth and sixth. I only don't like the third because they give me very poor signal to my finca. Anyway that's a very nice door series.

So funny. When we lived in Nicaragua, everyone we knew wanted to use Moviestar - they all hated Claro (that’s what we used). We are still with Claro in Guatemala, and all the people we know here say we should be with Tigo ——— we just can’t win! HeHe