• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Pit Stop...U.S.A

fahim mohammed

I generally plan to visit North America during the autumn. The colors!! Oh, my Gawd, the colors of autumn!

To paraphrase Ansel; when words are not enough, I take a photograph. When a photograph is not enough, I maintain my silence...

I just maintain my silence when faced with such beauty. Being silent would not enable me to share my awe with you folks.

North Eastern U.S.A and partly into the Blue Ridge Mountains...

p2805567803-5.jpg

p2805567800-5.jpg

And these are .JPGs. I didn't even open my raw files!

Gorgeous!

Peter Dexter

Well I always think of a "pit stop" (apart from auto racing) as a stop at a gas station or rest stop along a US highway but the photos are charming. I like the cat tails in the fore ground. Maybe a little more exposure on the first? Those red leaves in the second look like American Sycamore (Platens occidentalis)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I generally plan to visit North America during the autumn. The colors!! Oh, my Gawd, the colors of autumn!

To paraphrase Ansel; when words are not enough, I take a photograph. When a photograph is not enough, I maintain my silence...

I just maintain my silence when faced with such beauty. Being silent would not enable me to share my awe with you folks.

North Eastern U.S.A and partly into the Blue Ridge Mountains...

p2805567803-5.jpg

p2805567800-5.jpg

And these are .JPGs. I didn't even open my raw files!

Gorgeous!

Fahim,

Fascinating that folk find such places, marvel at it and then put up a parking lot and a wholesale store!

Look a Joni Mitchel’s Song, Yellow Taxi!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Apologies Peter. Didn't acknowledge your comment the first time around.

Thanks for the suggestion..Shall increase the exposure.

Take care.

Well I always think of a "pit stop" (apart from auto racing) as a stop at a gas station or rest stop along a US highway but the photos are charming. I like the cat tails in the fore ground. Maybe a little more exposure on the first? Those red leaves in the second look like American Sycamore (Platens occidentalis)

fahim mohammed

No specific destination. Just a bit away from the Interstate!!

p2805567796-5.jpg

But one has to take the time. To see and to appreciate. Only then use the camera.