Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Photography as Art

Photography as Art Original boundary-testing images. Open to comments without moderation. For works intended for clients and galleries submit to GALLERY ONE.

Old October 28th, 2008, 04:46 PM

Default Art with a phone and a reflection?

What do you think? I took this with the iPhone 3G walking by a store on 8th Avenue, in New York City's West Village, and I was mesmerized by that reflection.

Do you see any art in a shot like this?

"Dressed to reflect"
Sion Fullana 2008
Old October 29th, 2008, 02:29 AM

Hi Sion,

The reflection you have captured is extraordinary - without looking closely I would have assumed it was a composite image.

As a piece of art I think it beautifully captures the mood of a fashion boutique on a busy shopping street, with plenty of vivid colour and visual interest all over the image. It's an image that you can study for a while and still find new details. It is not something that I would personally hang in my house but I could see this working very well on the wall of a shop or cafe.

Thanks for posting,
Facebook Page
Old October 29th, 2008, 08:16 AM

Thanks a lot, Andrew!! :-) Appreciate your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Stannard View Post
Hi Sion,

The reflection you have captured is extraordinary - without looking closely I would have assumed it was a composite image.

As a piece of art I think it beautifully captures the mood of a fashion boutique on a busy shopping street, with plenty of vivid colour and visual interest all over the image. It's an image that you can study for a while and still find new details. It is not something that I would personally hang in my house but I could see this working very well on the wall of a shop or cafe.

Thanks for posting,
Old October 29th, 2008, 12:18 PM

Sion
I am so very curious to understand more about this-almost looks like a transparency overlay
is it?
amazing catch of the shadow effect!

Charlotte-
Old October 29th, 2008, 09:23 PM

Hi, Charlotte!

Thanks very much for commenting, in the first place.

And to answer your question, no, it's not a transparency... it's actually a simple snapshot of the store's window during the morning, taken with the iPhone camera. The light was high, so everything in the shot was at the same level. By tweaking a bit the saturation and contrast I managed to make the dress stand out. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte thompson View Post
Sion
I am so very curious to understand more about this-almost looks like a transparency overlay
is it?
amazing catch of the shadow effect!

Charlotte-