• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Backcountry Skiing WA

A few shots from two days of back-country skiing in Washington's north Cascades. All taken with Sony RX100.

Rainy Lake Panorama - we're heading up a steep gully on the right to gain the glacier above.

Descending from Frisco Mt.

Above Washington Pass

Little man - big mountains

Spring ski fun​

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So impressive. So what are your shooting choices here and are you using UCLA or polarizing filters for the glare from the snow!

Asher

Paul Abbott

Great images, really well taken and composed. Great sense of scale with the human elements. Nice one...
The borders do look horrible surrounding these photographs though...just my two 'slung'.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Great images, really well taken and composed. Great sense of scale with the human elements. Nice one...
The borders do look horrible surrounding these photographs though...just my two 'slung'.

Paul,

Glad you rediscovered these fine photographs.

It's also true that frames can fight with the pictures. We discuss this currently here and would love your considered feedback on the matter as we are planning an update to the forum now.

Asher

Nigel Allan

I agree the borders are unnecessary and a bit of a distraction, but otherwise wonderful shots and I wish I had taken them. It's not easy shooting snow and these are great.