• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shadow in Aleppo

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Shadow in Aleppo-
with great respect for Loss-
background Wm. Blackford
concept art Charlotte Thompson​

Charlotte,

Yes, this occupies our minds and creates a shadow over the season's happiness. This is fine as a symbol of our conscience but pales in view of pleading children.

The awefully brutal unrelenting and unforgivable massacres continued while Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, France, Germany, the U.K. The USA (and other nations with mobile fighting forces and air power), allowed the Syrian government and their allies to bomb Aleppo so savagely.

I am ashamed!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher
I want not to receive any accolades for this work. You speak that this is pale in comparison to the dying children. This link is what inspired my vision.

beware it is hard to watch it is the very first vid,center

https://www.facebook.com/liveupdatesfromsyria/?pnref=story

Charlotte,

I salute your expression of anger and angst. For the past several years, Israel has been treating injured from war-torn Syria. This includes Al Queda fighters, children and the elderly.

Yesterday, 1000 IDF medical demanded to be sent to Syria to aid the refugees. I am not sure that any of the sides would welcome that insertion of Israelis to the conflict area, but at least that gesture shows folk feel guilty at allowing such crimes to continue without our involvement.

asher

fahim mohammed

Charlotte, dear lady.

A very thoughtful tribute to a very sad event. Super.

Now to Asher's comments.

Asher, Israel cannot possibly do in terms of economic, medical, education, and refugees assistance, intake and settlement that my country has offered and continues to offer to the unfortunate victims of this massacre.
We just don't beat our drums. As loudly as some on this forum.

And please Asher, each one of us has a cross, a star or a crescent to bear. So please put things in context and do not get carried away by your biases and leanings.

Cem_Usakligil

Sorry Fahim. Initially I have reacted against my better judgement. After all, I am and have always been against discussing politics here in OPF. So I have removed my reaction. I cannot delete it, the only way is by typing 10 or more characters. Hence the ..........

Peter Dexter

Regardless of what it references the image is a powerful abstract composition and would work well as a very large (poster or larger) print.

Charlotte Thompson

Dear OPF Friends

I am so glad we live in a Democracy! Where I or anyone else can say his thoughts in Art or in Speech. This should never be trivial . Never! It was my deepest intention with this piece to bring about attention to genocide in Aleppo. It is my belief that the fault lies with Humanity and Not a specific country. I value,truly a Democracy. We cannot change the things we NEED to unless we rail against such as what has been done to Aleppo and mostly How the children suffer. I see my own grandchildren in their tears and watch as many have died. Put yourself and you loved ones there. Wouldn't you fight as well to save them albeit ART or Speech or any other means ?

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

Charlotte, dear lady.

A very thoughtful tribute to a very sad event. Super.

Now to Asher's comments.

Asher, Israel cannot possibly do in terms of economic, medical, education, and refugees assistance, intake and settlement that my country has offered and continues to offer to the unfortunate victims of this massacre.
We just don't beat our drums. As loudly as some on this forum.

And please Asher, each one of us has a cross, a star or a crescent to bear. So please put things in context and do not get carried away by your biases and leanings.

In the end, Fahim, no matter what flag we fly, we failed the people of Aleppo and allowed murder to continue. We have allowed the Russians and Iranian allies to massacre the Syrians in Aleppo when we could have done more. I still have the right to be ashamed by our limited intervention.

Russia would not have dared to shoot down either a Saudi, French or an Israeli plane that made a "no fly zone"!

....and would they have confronted the US too?

We all stand guilty.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

As I said It is humanities fault that gives allegiance to to these tragedies. Shadow in Aleppo is my one voice ...It takes many voices to to stand up to oppression. Who can be silent?

Charlotte-