• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cours Camarguais, Arles

Wendy Thurman

I attended the Finale du Trophee des As in Arles a couple of days ago- the below image captured the essence of the games for me:

_WLT1726.jpg

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

You aimed right and hit the target ! Movement effect is very good and brown colors evoke dried blood on the ground... Mixed shadows of human and bull also give a strong sense of tragedy. Very good !

Cedric.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I attended the Finale du Trophee des As in Arles a couple of days ago- the below image captured the essence of the games for me:

_WLT1726.jpg

Wendy Thurman: Trophee des As in Arles

Wendy,

When did you take this? I didn't realize you were traveling again! This picuture of the bull reminds me of cave paintings. Sometimes they even had two sets of legs so that in flickering oil torch light, the appearance might have been of movement. A little brew of fruit might have helped, LOL!

6071-004-5744D672.jpg

Hans Hinz, Basel: Cave painting of a bull and a horse; i
Lascaux Grotto, near Montignac, France

Asher

Wendy Thurman

Asher-

This was done on Sunday, the 11th (if memory serves). I spent about five days in Provence; am in Dubai today and headed back to Kabul tomorrow.

Cedric-

Thank you for the kind remarks. While in these "bullfights", the bull is not injured, the Cours still evokes the classic bullfight atmosphere (I guess- I've never been to a classic bullfight!) It was great being a part of the crowd and a thoroughly enjoyable day.

I did get to meet Lucien Clergue at his home for a discussion of his photography and was able to buy a small print and a limited book. All in all, an interesting experience. I did find out that structured workshops are not for me.

Wendy